Friday, September 26, 2008

A month at AIM..........Still a long way to go.

On this 17th of September, I completed exactly one month at AIM. However it is now 26th of september that I am writing this blog. It took me 9 days to take some time out and write this blog. I would also like to thank a friend of mine to inspire me to write this blog. Inspiration is one thing you require when you want to do things other than lucubrating and analysing loads of data while at Asian Institute of Management.
This one month has been like a roller coaster ride. There were times when I have felt a high which was when I have been upto the mark and performing to the best of my potential, while other times I have behaved like a mediocre. The standard deviation has been very high but believe me I am trying very hard to make the mean, median and mode of my performance equal and reduce the variance and standard deviation. Please forgive me for using this B*******t because this is what I have gone through in the last few weeks and also accused of the same by my batchmates. But as it is said-"the first step towards correcting a problem is acknowledging it". Luckily I have made good friends within this month who brought to my notice this weakness and made it imperative for me to overcome this weakness. I have learnt a lot in these last few weeks and came out with the conclusion that this world is all about continuously adding to your qualities. You can always ask for a premium if you can produce quality consistently.
Normally people have a dream before embarking to their journey of becoming an MBA; that is to make it high in the corporate world, open a new industry or become elite consultants. But my dreams have changed to solving accounting problems , determining whether it is a debit or a credit , solving and analysing cases with my CAN group and sometimes waking up in the middle of the night and looking at the clock to make sure I am not late for my classes. The common assumption in all these condition mentioned above is that I was lucky and have had the time to sleep. Many times it becomes difficult for me to decide whether the activity I performed the previous night is actually called sleeping. However I have managed to survive and hope I shall do it for the next 15 months. But for the moment I can claim I am 1/16th of an MBA. This term instills a feeling of value addition in me and also reminds me that there are just 15 such similar fractions left for the rigour to end. Who knows after all this rigour I may again start dreaming about the dreams aspiring MBA students often see i.e flying high, making it to the top of corporate ladder and ofcourse riding that elusive Mercedes , Ferrari or BMW(ofcourse the hybrid model when it gets launched, crude at 130 dollars is driving me crazy).

No comments: