Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Black Tuesday for Indian Democracy.

I had made up my mind to write blogs a month back. I had also decided that I would write blogs which donot provide a window to my personal life(as many of my colleagues do) but which would provide a medium to junta to be aware about the issues which are of national interest or which would help people with some information they require. I may write some blogs sharing my personal experiences if my near and dear one's like them. But today I am embarking my journey towards blogging with this blog.

I was waiting for an opportune time to go ahead with my first blog and thought that it should send a positive message to the few who would read my blog. I waited for a month to finally end up writing this disparaging blog which is absolutely against my nature. I hope you guys would understand the stress and embaressment I would have experienced when Indian Democracy was ridiculed on our Idiot boxes.

"Fact is always stranger than Fiction"- It may sound a cliche but the drama that entire nation, and even the world at large witnessed, inside the so called sacred premises of "Indian parliament" on this historic confidence vote for the UPA Governement has besmirched the nation. It was in many ways known to the nation that the UPA would come out victorious in the confidence vote but what was not known is the means it would adopt to win this crucial vote. It was 4:10 pm on 22nd July 2008 when the proceedings inside the Parliament were going on abnormally(amidst lots of commotion) when these three god send(I am using these words because I wont use foul language in my blogs) MP's of BJP came out from nowhere with bags full of 1000 rupee note bundles as if they have won the lottery and would like to share them with their colleagues. Than started the game politicians play so well which is called the blame game. I had been grooved to my television set since morning as this drama was far more interesting than Ekta Kapoor's daily soaps. But viewing these scenes was similar to watching people having beef inside a temple. Please excuse me if I am using such metaphors, but I cant help it as people in India identify with an issue only if it has some communal sentiments attached to it. For me it was a mockery of Indian constitution and India as a whole. I went through a phase of Introspection and could not stop thinking who is responsible for all this and how is this going to stop? The answer to the former is ofcourse "We" but I would like all the people to find out the answer to the latter. I dont know how many people share the same feeling and how many people really have the time to think about the country. But its high time we do something about the way Indian Politics is being run. The smallest bit which we can start with is to vote for the right candidate and educate others around us to do the same. We are in a minority as far as education is concerned in this country(only 6% population in India goes for graduation courses) and hence majority of the responsibility lies with us. It would take time, infact a decade or two, but the more we delay the situation would be much harder to tackle. But I am positive that things would change and we would bring the change.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi my dear... it was very nice reading. beware when u write blogs , either tell indirectly or tell directly with proof! some of your statements are from your heart no doubt, but the statements when demanded for proof will put you in trouble.

good luck. nice reading somethings like which are from a true feelings .

kumar.

Unknown said...

areee its too long.... i'll read it when i get free time....hope i'll get free time soon in my life..lol..but still sorry after reading 3 line ...i couldn't dare to go ahead....may be ur thoughts is very high 4 me...hay reee need oxygen....fooooooooooooo